Sakai can calculate and store grade information and distribute it to students online using the Gradebook tool. This tool is very flexible and allows instructors to:
- Autocalculate course grades, with the ability to override any course grade.
- Create categories to organize items and allow for weighting of grades.
- Enter, view, edit, and release to students scores, grades, and comments.
- Transmit scores to the Gradebook from other tools, such as Quiz & Survey, Assignments, or Forums, thereby creating a corresponding item in the Gradebook and recording student scores.
- Export scores and grades to Excel (.csv) and use this file to import grades to E-Grades.
- Import item scores from spreadsheet (.csv) files.