This article includes information on what your username and password are for most services available to you as a student or faculty member.
Usernames and passwords are typically issued within 30 days from the time you’ve been accepted and confirmed that you’ll be attending Johnson University or after you’ve been officially hired as a faculty or staff member.
Passwords must meet minimum constraints for password strength including the following:
- minimum 8 characters in length AND
- must include at least 1 upper case letter AND
- must include at least 1 number OR must include at least 1 symbol AND
- may not be any form of your name
Passwords used as a means to keep data secure, they should be something that is easy for you to remember AND hard for someone else to guess. Changing your password from time to time helps to decrease the possibility for unauthorized access to your University account data. Passwords are initially issued by the University IT Department.
If you’re logging onto a University owned classroom or lab PC computer you can change your password by holding holding holding down CTRL+ALT and pressing the Delete key.
An authorized username and password typically will give you access to the following services/sites:
- Campus Portal
- University Email
- JICS (coming Spring 2014 and will be replacing Campus Connect and Faculty Access)
- Library Services (use only the portion before the @ symbol)
- Classroom and Lab computers
- IT Department Ticketing System
Separate credentials (not the same as mentioned above) are used for ancillary services such as: