This article includes information about the My Workspace area of Sakai.
Once you login to Sakai, you’ll be presented with the My Workspace area, which includes the Message Of The Day, Message Center Notifications, Calendar and Recent Announcements. My Workspace also gives you access to the following navigation buttons to the left:
- Membership (lets you see all the sites/courses you are a member of, if the course site is unpublished, only instructors in the course can see it)
- Account (a simple summary of your account information)
- Profile (provides a place to put information you want to share with others including a photo of yourself and contact information; the photo from your profile is used in Forums to denote your authorship)
- Resources (Sakai’s version of personal cloud storage – up to 1GB)
- Schedule (a very simple calendar)
- Preferences (the place you to go customize course tabs, notifications, time zone and language settings)
- Wiki (a simple wiki tool)
- Worksite Setup (where faculty go to create new course sites)
- Evaluation System (not used)
- Help (Sakai’s Help Knowledge Base)
Some of these areas are used more by faculty than students, but all show up for both.
My Workspace also allows you to see the ‘drawer’ at the top, by clicking on the More Sites button, showing all course sites you are a member of, which appear in the My Active Sites are of Preferences.