SkyDrive Pro, a component of the Office365 Microsoft service provides students and faculty secure, robust and global access to document storage and is accessible anywhere you have an internet connection. Current students and faculty have access to these features in SkyDrive Pro:
- 7GB of document storage space
- Sync class/work files across devices (including Android and iOS)
- Directly access and edit Microsoft documents using OfficeWebApps
SkyDrive Pro is your professional library—the place to keep your work documents and other files. You can think of SkyDrive Pro as your SkyDrive or business. When you store your files on SkyDrive Pro, only you can see them, but you can easily share them with co-workers and access them from your mobile devices. Your files are safely kept in the cloud with SharePoint Online or on your company’s SharePoint Server 2013 servers, depending on what your company has set up.
SkyDrive Pro lets you:
- Store and organize your private documents and other files in a secure location in the cloud or on your company’s SharePoint servers.
- Share files and folders with other people in your organization and give them permission to review or edit the content.
- Synchronize files and folders in your SkyDrive Pro and other SharePoint libraries with your computer or mobile devices, so you can access your content offline.
SkyDrive is different from SkyDrive Pro
SkyDrive is available free to individuals and will be available seamlessly as part of Office 365 Home Premium along with 20GB of additional storage. SkyDrive is for people to sync their personal files across their devices and to the cloud.