Getting your JohnsonU.edu email on your personal smart device, mobile, phone or slate is pretty simple. While the directions may be a bit different for your device the settings remain generally the same:
- Add an account that is of type Microsoft Exchange or Corporate type. Your device must use Microsoft ActiveSync. POP and IMAP are not supported
- Use your entire JohnsonU.edu email address for the email address field
- Enter the corresponding password
- If asked for a DOMAIN – leave it blank.
- When asked for a SERVER, enter: m.outlook.com
- SSL should be ON or active
- S/MIME should be OFF or inactive
- Tap “DONE” to verify the settings.
If the settings don’t verify (don’t work), insure you’ve entered your username and password correctly. You can do so by logging in directly to the email service using a web browser.
These settings should also allow you to view your JohnsonU.edu contacts and calendars as well.
Most newer devices including Android, iOS (Apple) and Blackberry can receive email to the device. Standard messaging/data rates apply and are the responsibility of the device owner, not the University.