This year’s upgrade to Sakai will involve far more subtle changes to the interface and feature set. While Sakai will still benefit from a global community of developers contributing to and improving the code, you will also benefit from the support of the Department of Online Education and the related support resources and services you’ve come to expect.
While the feature set will remain largely the same look forward to a few enhancements, improvements in security and the addition of a few new features:
This upgrade will be from Sakai 11.3 to Sakai 12.1. Some things you’ll see include:
- Improved color specification and contrast in the overall look and feel
- Streamlined course navigation
- Addition of the Commons tool
- Provision of extended assessment time for specific individuals or groups of individuals
- Improved mobile integration
- Question Type: Hotspot selection improved on mobile devices
- Accessibility improvements
- Lessons subpage option
- Added widget availability in Lessons: Announcements, Forums and Calendar
- Gradebook performance enhancements
- and more!
More information will be made available in the coming weeks and months.